Re: Re news post.

Subject: Re: Re news post.
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 am ((PST))
Don't worry about it, Phil. Whomever is offended will most ceretainly
get over it. Given this figure's enlightened position(s) on the
protection of wildlife in her home state, one of the most pristine
places to record on the planet, your posting was absolutely
appropriate and to the point. I, for one, thank you for the reminder.

Some of us on this list know first hand from work we've done in the
ArcticNWR and other Alaskan sites, how her decisions can and will
affect our nacent soundscape efforts if allowed to materialize. Her
one time mentor, Ted Stevens, once held up a white poster board in
the Senate to hammer home the point that there was nothing in the
Refuge but fuel. You betcha.

Bernie Krause

On Jan 15, 2009, at 8:54 AM, Philip Tyler wrote:

> I sent the e-mail as it contained information pertinent to wildlife
> and nature. Reading it I discovered that certain parties whished to
> allow more hunting of wildlife. As this would have an effect on the
> environment and ultimately the soundscapes many here like to record
> I thought some might be interested in it. That is why I sent it but
> if no one is interested and or offended by it them I am sorry and I
> have misread some of the feelings of the group on this subject.
>
> Phil Tyler

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442