Re: Ultimate Wind Screen

Subject: Re: Ultimate Wind Screen
From: "picnet2" picnet2
Date: Sat Jan 3, 2009 3:59 am ((PST))
Hello Robb,

Just thinking out loud here.

A large electret sheet, (screen over the lot,  ground, electret, signal ele=
ctrode, dielectric,
ground) with amplification built in and place a dome of expanded polypropel=
ene or similar
for waterproofing and some kind of skin resistant to salt and uv / thin ure=
thane coat? -
Such a construction would perhaps be 1" thick most of that is the turbulenc=
e buffering
layers...
PVDF Coax cable would be one example, although you'd need plenty of amplifi=
cation.

Reason I mention the above is Ive recently I made a flat sensor (100 x 80 x=
 2 mm) Its
response is dc to > 15 Khz covered in Silicone rubber, its constructed with=
 copper mesh,
nylon and emfit polymer electret. Its currently minus 12C here so Ill give =
you a report if it
works outside, ive not tested it in such conditions..

-MIke.