1. Introduction

Subject: 1. Introduction
From: "Richard L. Hess" richardlhess
Date: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm ((PDT))
Hello, all,

I just found out about this list and while I am not terribly active
in nature recording, my current two hobbies are photography and
recording, while my "day job" is audio tape restoration. I hope this
is the right level of introduction.

I do like outdoor photography so I thought perhaps this list would
inspire me to combine recording and photography in the field....in
the future, maybe when the kids are off to college in 4-5 years.

In past lives, I've spent time recording church music. Initially in
the late 1970s/early 1980s at St. Thomas Church, New York City
http://www.richardhess.com/stt/stt200.htm

Currently, I just produced a Christmas CD that I recorded last year
for my church here in Aurora, Ontario.

As part of my tape restoration work, I re-released all of Canadian
Marie-Lynn Hammond's recordings on four CDs.
http://www.marielynnhammond.com/cds.htm

My tape restoration business can be found here: www.richardhess.com/tape/

For field equipment, I have a Sound Devices 722, a pair of DPA 4006TL
mics, and a pair of Sennheiser MKH416 short shotgun mics with foam
(not more sophisticated) windscreens.

Here is a current example of my outdoor photography.
http://www.pbase.com/rlhess/alaska_and_northern_canada

A few of the local community recording projects I do (for fun) can be found=
 at
www  dot   richardhess  dot   net (sorry, I don't want them linked
publicly). The YRDSB is perhaps the best example-Grade 7/8 kids who
come together for a week of making music--their first experience in
an honours band. My son made this two years in a row. This was the
kind of stuff I originally bought the DPAs and Sound Devices for.

My professional background is audio-video engineer at ABC-TV in NY
City 1974-1981, director of engineering (and other titles) at McCurdy
Radio Industries in Toronto 1981-1983, principal consultant (and
other titles) at National TeleConsultants 1983-2004 when I left to
return to my wife's hometown and go full-time into audio tape restoration.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess
Aurora, Ontario, Canada       http://www.richardhess.com/