Re: Olympus LS10 digital recorder

Subject: Re: Olympus LS10 digital recorder
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:34 am ((PDT))
First of all (what is your name)? please read the description of our
home page deterring conversation regarding "playback" in the field.

> This moderated group is interested in techniques, issues and general
> discussion of recording natural sounds. Topics include, but aren't
> limited to recording techniques and equipment, recording venues and
> discussions of various animal vocalizations and communication. Other
> natural sounds, such as water, weather and wind-generated sounds are
> valid topics.
>
> Issues related to computerized editing of sounds, copyrights,
> Internet applications and commercial uses of files are encouraged.
>
> It is sometimes necessary to limit discussions that, although they
> may be pertinent or desirable to some, can become contentious. In
> the interest of the list's survival as a forum for discussion of
> recording natural sound, It is recognized that the "playback" thread
> (playing recorded sounds back to animals) has the potential for
> creating an atmosphere on the list that is not conducive to civil
> discussion. Therefore the discussion on playback is not allowed in
> this group.
>
> Sound files may not be attached to postings, nor will any other
> attachements be allowed. Members are encouraged to discuss unknown
> or unidentified sounds they have recorded and to post sound files
> and to post sounds to the group so that other members can hear them.
> The moderator has supplied a web site, which can be found on the
> "Links" page, to which members may post sounds larger than 200K for
> the benefit of the group.

I would advise that you search through our archives by typing
"playback" in the search menu, you may find what you need to know there.
Regarding recorders with loud enough speakers I don't believe they
exist for your requirements forcing you to look for ulterior options.

regards

Martyn
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org