Re: Recording and cellphone interference

Subject: Re: Recording and cellphone interference
From: "grant finlay" grantfinlay
Date: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:08 pm ((PDT))
A lot of (our) recording equipment suffers from electrical interference.
It's well known that schoeps redesigned their cmc range of mics to
stop it   , my neumann kmr hated floro lighting , my SQN mixer can go
a bit crazy around am/fm/tv transmitters, Blackberry pda's have to be
turned off just to be safe...
The fact is we now live in a world swamped with rf emitting devices ,
even only 10 years ago a lot of the sources of the pollution didn't
exist.
How much money you spend on equipment isn't really a guarantee that
it'll be RF proof , Just check out the ramps newsgroup on google groups.
And finally , I record the sounds of nature to get away from the
cityscape. Why on earth would I have my cell phone on and sitting
next to my equipment bag?

Grant.
http://grantfinlay.podomatic.com