Re: Dawn Chorus - Gordon Hempton

Subject: Re: Dawn Chorus - Gordon Hempton
From: "grant finlay" grantfinlay
Date: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:34 pm ((PDT))
I had a look at the doco posted on youtube and the other link mentioned.
Nice story, well put together and well shot but the most important
thing was "the sound of the talent" , after all we were following a
sound recordist. Pity the location audio (dialogue) totally sucked.
Wind noise on the mic, cars tooting in the back of the main IV etc...
Very disappointing indeed.
What could be a great doco on a very interesting fellow turned into a
ho-hum production because of not paying attention to the core subject
of the story, AUDIO!!

glad I got that out of my system...
(disclaimer: I'm a doco sound recordist in my day job)

Grant.
http://grantfinlay.podomatic.com