Re: R-09HR, R-44 preamp comparisons

Subject: Re: R-09HR, R-44 preamp comparisons
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:44 pm ((PDT))
At 5:29 PM +0100 8/24/08, John Lundsten wrote:
>I have been doing a number of tests on the R44 & other stuff to hand.
>for more details from me and others see "Edirol R44" at
><sursound%40music.vt.edu>

Hi John--
I saw the very extensive <sursound%40music.vt.edu>sursound
string on the R-44 lately.  Are you referring to the Matchamp XTX131?
http://www.aliceshop.com/acatalog/AliceShop_Spares_7.html Are you
ganging together 4 Matchamps (mic -> line pres) for the R44?
Impressive noise performance for an under $100USD pre. How are you
powering the modules?  Are you also providing phantom power? At one
time, folks were reporting that the line inputs on the R4 were
disappointingly noisy. Do you feel that has been resolved with the
R44? Rob D.