Re: Mic Cables.

Subject: Re: Mic Cables.
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Sat Aug 2, 2008 5:25 pm ((PDT))
--- In  Philip Tyler <>
wrote:

> Perhaps its one of those hi-fi cables that should be used in one
direction only, they have little arrows down the side to show which way
the signal should flow :-))

I accidentally used one of those high end cables the wrong way around
many moons ago. It sounded very weird.

.sdrawkcab tuo emac gnihtyrevE

I had to hit the stop button to start the recording, and enter record
mode to stop the recording. Although it was annoying, it simplified
setting record levels because I always knew what the peak levels were
going to be before they happened. This was very helpful because I was
using VU meters at the time; actually, they were Deja VU meters IIRC.
(I think I've posted this information before, haven't I?)

- Greg Simmons