Re: Indian blimp

Subject: Re: Indian blimp
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:20 am ((PDT))
<<If so, (and this question also refers to the Rycote blimp) is it
possible to place the two mics side by side (horizontal) instead of
on top of each other (vertical) with a small barrier between them?
I'm trying to figure out if a side by side pair of omni's will fit in
a blimp with a barrier between them.>>

Many years ago I put together a rig consisting of two AKG C451's side
by side with swivel joints aiming the capsules off at 90 degrees.
These were mounted in a rented Rycote blimp into a pair of suspension
clips intended for Schoeps bodies. Twenty years ago this was a
standard part, so it likely can still be found today.

Scott Fraser