Re: another mystery sound redux

Subject: Re: another mystery sound redux
From: "Don Lloyd" donslloyd
Date: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:18 am ((PDT))
>Hi Don-- I'll take a listen. Can you identify some of the moments
>where the other creature is making sounds? Rob D.

Hi Rob -

As far as I can tell there is only one creature making sounds. Seems like
there must be at least one other participant for there to be such a
disagreement, but I can't tease it out of the recording. At 1:39 the
vocalization shifts from cat-like to dog-like (to my untutored ear) but
according to my sources it is the same animal. Honored as the State Mammal
of Arizona, the ringtail cat is a raccoon that looks very much like a fox.
Older members of this list may remember another amalgam by the name of
Flub-A-Dub.

- Don