Re: Indian blimp

Subject: Re: Indian blimp
From: "Max Catterwell" oatcruncher
Date: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:41 am ((PDT))
Then perhaps the model I have in mind was not a Rycote. I have quickly
tried to find the reference I had to this, without success. Either way,
I would imagine that the Rycote is better made/designed.
I would be very surprised if the performance of this item is on a par
with the Rycote, and would of course be particularly interested in
hearing from anyone who has experience of both. Your recent post on the
fabric used in the Windpac, illustrates the fabric weave/composition is
clearly an important factor.
Like a lot things, it's a question of degree and compromise. The
Windkorb is clearly a step up from a home made affair, and I imagine a
step down from the Rycote.
Max