Re: Indian blimp

Subject: Re: Indian blimp
From: "William Ruscher Jr." immonacan99
Date: Wed Jul 9, 2008 8:12 am ((PDT))
Hi Max,

       Thanks for the update, as I am considering one of these blimps
and boom pole myself, for my ME66/K6 . Nice to hear that the company
responded and took care of you on the cam problem. I've noticed that
they have very good feedback on Ebay. Please update further when you
have the chance to use your setup in the field.

Regards,

         Bill

 --- In  "Max Catterwell"
<> wrote:

> Just an interim update on my Indian blimp purchase (short model),
> which I hope will be of interest to possible buyers.
> When I first assembled my unit I found that disappointingly, the
> lever cams that hold the blimp housing to the rail, were
ineffective.
> The front one didn't hold at all, and the rear one wasn't
> particularly good. I noted that another member of the group had an
> identical problem. Although this would have been very simple to
> bodge,I decided to test the water. I emailed the company stating
the
> problem. They replied asking for a photo of the problem (I have a
> feeling that this may have been a language problem, and they were
> just looking for confirmation of the fault). I sent a photo of one
of
> the lever cams. They said they would replace the part and confirm
> posting, which they did.
> The new part arrived this morning, and although only the rail
> including cam levers was all that was required, it also included
the
> handle.
> Opinion; very impressed with the company!
> Now, I unfortunately am unable to compare this blimp with the
Rycote