2. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED

Subject: 2. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:51 pm ((PDT))
Hi Raimund--
That's interesting. Input noise that low in the frequency spectrum
might be accounting for some of the perceived boost in the lower
mid-range response of the LS-10's pre. A 2dB difference in noise
performance at 500Hz probably sounds louder than a 2dB difference at
8K Hz.

Puzzling that the bit rate would affect noise performance directly.
Seems unlikely that quantizing noise is playing a factor at the sound
levels Vicki has used thus far-- even when recording in low sens mode
at level "10."  Rob D.