3. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED

Subject: 3. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED
From: "Vicki Powys" vpowys
Date: Sun Jul 6, 2008 4:18 pm ((PDT))
Hi Rob,

Yes I have tried lining up two files, one recorded in high
sensitivity volume 2, the other on low sensitivity volume 10.  I then
increased the levels of the low sens. file by 5 dB (also 7 dB) to
match the levels (of the recorded bird sounds or whatever) of the
high sens. file.  The exact amount of increase needed I am still
working on, but it seems to be about 5-7 dB.  Even with this
increase, the noise levels are still lower with the low sens. file,
especially the FIZZ noise.

Vicki