1. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED

Subject: 1. Re: OLYMPUS LS-10 VS DAT RECORDINGS UPLOADED
From: "Vicki Powys" vpowys
Date: Sat Jul 5, 2008 6:56 pm ((PDT))
All,

Using an ME67 connected to my LS-10, I have done a bit more testing
in the field (and indoors) of noise levels using high vs low
sensitivity.  For lyrebirds, I do seem to get a better result using
low sensitivity at volume 10, instead of high sensitivity at volume
Message: 2.
Subject: There is much less FIZZ.

But also, surprisingly, I seemed to get better results yesterday when
recording Regent Honeyeaters (they have a soft melodious call), using
low sensitivity at volume 10, then raising the levels to match what I
had recorded at high sensitivity at volume 5.  Again, much less FIZZ
on low sens.

This seems to be a very complex issue!  More testing needed!

I haven't tried these tests with the WL-183s, but would suspect a
similar result.

Re my binaural setup, and your comment Rob (see below), where do I
find Aaron's DSM temple mount set up?

Vicki Powys
Australia