Re: Kookaburra

Subject: Re: Kookaburra
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:31 pm ((PDT))
There is a fantastic new doco called Australia: Land of Parrots which
screened recently here in Aus.   I believe a US broadcaster has
purchased it so you should keep an eye out for it. Lots of really
stunning footage shot in HD. The opening sequence has some nice shots
of Major Mitchell's, Gang Gang  and Palm cockatoo's and a huge flock
of what looks like Major Mitchell's cockatoo's wheeling over the desert.

ABC TV has a interactive site for the program which and you can play
a low res version of the program - not sure if it's accessible to the
wider world web however.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/documentaries/interactive/parrots/

cheers
Paul