Re: Kookaburra

Subject: Re: Kookaburra
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:22 pm ((PDT))
Thanx Steve

I needed to fit something into my budget for the side channels before
I jumped on the houseboat. And with only a few days to go before the
trip, the ribbon was the easiest way for me to do that. I was looking
for a true figure 8 until I came across some info by accident that
made me realise that the ribbon is exactly that. The NT1-A is a really
nice mic, but is not a very practicle size ans shape for what we do.

I'll probably change the stereo setup in the near future to A/B or
X/Y. Some of the recordings I've heard with the AT 3032 have been
quite impressive.

I actually posted this clip because Heather Perkins was after another
Kookaburra. I was going to email it direct to her, but thought I'd
share it here.

I'm still VERY early in my recording experience but, now being
retired, it seems like an interesting way to stay in touch with both
technology and the outdoors.

John