Re: Field test: Sony PCM-D50

Subject: Re: Field test: Sony PCM-D50
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Wed May 28, 2008 1:10 am ((PDT))
Hi Phil,

The "standard" mic orientation on the SONY PCM-D50 is obviously the
90=B0 settings (XY setup), in which the (physically) left mic points to
the right hand side. This setup leads to the correct left/right
channel assignment in the .wav files.

Things will of course change if one used the 120=B0 setting, in which
the left mic points to the left hand side.

Regards,
Raimund

--- In  "Phil Tyler"
<> wrote:

> Hi Raimund
>
> You wrote:
>
> > On the SONY PCM-D50, the mic orientation was set to 120=B0. This is the
> > reason why the left and right channels are audibly reversed.
>
> It's probably me, but I thought as you moved the capsules on the
Sony it 'reversed' them?