Re: New recording group

Subject: Re: New recording group
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Mon May 26, 2008 11:21 am ((PDT))
Martyn, you wrote

> If anyone cares to join this new "splinter group, simply subscribe to
> this address
>

> and i will sign you all up...

Thanks.

> Please be aware, there will be no excessive gear talk...

I'm attracted to activities that combine art and science. Pipe organs,
theater, music and nature recording have been my lifelong passions.

I've been a technical mentor for nature recordists for twenty years.
Where nature recordists gather, gear talk is naturally part of the
scene. I agree with you that we'd all benefit from more talk about
nature itself and fieldcraft, but I resent complaints about "excessive
gear talk." Discussion lists are driven by what the subscribers are
interested in, and what their problems are--period.

The dichotomy's never been a problem for me, but for those for whom it
is, I guess two lists is a good solution. I'll be on both.

-Dan Dugan