Re: Li-ion battery removal from SD

Subject: Re: Li-ion battery removal from SD
From: "tempjez" tempjez
Date: Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "Alan K" <>

wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >if anyone can point me in the
> > direction of any posts that contain this info or make comments
that
> > would be great.
> >
> See Sound Devices web site:
> http://www.sounddevices.com/notes/recorders/battery-mount/
>
> >tried fitting it to
> > the SD but couldn't get it into the metal pins apart from the
first
> > few mm's - which appeared to have squashed the SD's pins
slighly.
> > Any ideas ?
> >
> I was confused when I first read your post. How did this happen if
you
> cannot remove the battery. I'm sure I missed part of the story,
and
> sorry, I can't help with this.

Hi,
thanks for all the advice posted in response to this - just to
clarify - this wasn't a problem with the standard method of
releasing a battery (the push-down pin) - it was with a
particularly 'stuck' battery ! anyway, i've managed to get it oit
now & have found that there was a small piece of excess plastic on
one of the holding slots on the battery.

ta,
Jez