Re: [gear] MKH 8040 sample comparison

Subject: Re: [gear] MKH 8040 sample comparison
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Sat May 3, 2008 10:30 am ((PDT))
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Scott Fraser <>
wrote:

> <<May I ask, the MKH 8000 series does this comprise a 'body' and a
> seperate 'mic' capsule?>>
>
> Yes, although all the active electronics are in the removable capsule
> module. The 'body' merely houses the XLR connector. The already
> exceptionally compact form factor can thus be further reduced by
> using an active cable system, like the Schoeps Collette series.

Which system is now available in 10m and 5m lengths I understand from the
Taperssection microphone  discussion on  these mics...

> <<Will Senneheiser include a figure-of-eight in this range, do you know b=
> any chance?>>
>
> A figure eight is said to be forthcoming.

And a short shotgun even, as I recall -- also from a 2nd hand report on the
same forum.

However, it's worth mentioning that the cost of the capsules is about 80% o=
more of the cost of the mics; I had hoped it would be affordable to get a
single pair of mics and then add capsules for a flexible kit. Oh well.

  aaron

--

quietamerican.org
oneminutevacation.org