Re: M/S (Mid/Side) Mic Recommendations

Subject: Re: M/S (Mid/Side) Mic Recommendations
From: "ozrall" ozrall
Date: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:22 am ((PDT))
Maybe you could try a Rode NT2A switch selected to a Figure 8 polar
pattern and a cardiod of your choice (since cardiods are not quite so
rare).
Its got very very low self noise specs, and it is suitable for outdoor
recording.

Mounting is a bit more awkward because of the diaphragm orientation -
and the weight.

Its still not exactly cheap, but much less than the MKH30

At least its one option

Cheers

Rally

--- In  "frankie_tempest"
<> wrote:

> Thanks so much for your reply Tim. I had a feeling you might say that.
> Do you know of any good separate mic combos then? A figure 8 and a
> matching cardioid? I was once given an MKH-40 gaffa taped to an MKH-30
> to use on a job and the results were fantastic. I don't have that kind
> of money to buy these two mics though. Some of the chinese mics that
> have appeared in the last five years are great. Do you have any
> recommendations?
>
> Thanks so much for your help.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: