Re: Parabolic Reflector plus Head Spaced Parallel Boundary (

Subject: Re: Parabolic Reflector plus Head Spaced Parallel Boundary (
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:26 am ((PST))
--- In  "Chris Hails" <>
wrote:

> Hello Tom,

> One thought for you: the potentiometer noise may be hard to edit
out.
> Since there are probably only a few combinations of the capsules
that
> you would actually use in the field maybe a 3-way switch (focus,
mix,
> boundary) would enable a more rapid change with any changing bird
> action, and may be a sharper noise interference and so easier to
edit
> out ? I say that having no clue what it would mean electronically
for
> you !

Hi Chris

Thanks for your comments.

I take your point re minimising the potentiometer noise/noise time
situation.  It should be relatively easy to do.  First I need to get
some field practise and mark the three positions that that best match
my requirements (which will probably be much as you suggest above).
I then will measure the resiatances of the relevant potentiometer
slider tracks and obtain fixed resistors of suitable values.  12
resistors will be required (two for each of the three positions X 2
for a stereo mic).  These days very small sized resistors are
available so, with a sutable switch, I doubt if the the switch box
will be any larger than the present box.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers
Tom Robinson