Re: Parabolic Reflector plus Head Spaced Parallel Boundary (

Subject: Re: Parabolic Reflector plus Head Spaced Parallel Boundary (
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:06 pm ((PST))
Hello Tom,

Just to say I have really enjoyed following the progress of your
project, well done indeed. It has caused me to think a little more
carefully about what it is I am recording myself when I am out and I
will be experimenting with mic focal point adjustments with my own
parabola (my manual dexterity would never allow me to build yours !).
I could well imagine that in the field you may want to work it both
directions depending on what was happening - in your situation you
have both focal species and broader soundscapes of the geese or waders
flying in or taking off etc.

One thought for you: the potentiometer noise may be hard to edit out.
Since there are probably only a few combinations of the capsules that
you would actually use in the field maybe a 3-way switch (focus, mix,
boundary) would enable a more rapid change with any changing bird
action, and may be a sharper noise interference and so easier to edit
out ? I say that having no clue what it would mean electronically for
you !

Chris

--- In  "tk7859" <> wrote:

> http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/TomR/PRHSB/3%20Way%20Edit%20B%20mp3.mp3
>
> The total cost of the microphone plus reflector is in the order of =A335
> ($70) made up of Reflector =A325, Capsules =A35, Electrical Components =
=A35.
>  Plus a few hours head scratching and DIY work.
>
> Now to put it to work :-)
>
> Cheers
> Tom Robinson

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: