Re: Wind storm

Subject: Re: Wind storm
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:28 am ((PST))
> How did you protect yourself and your gear?
>
> Where was Lisa? Sounds like Bristle-thighed Curlew at the start.
>
> Aloha,
> David

  Lisa was expected to hit land hard but it never really materialized
but it reached some terrifying speeds, i recorded that while in North
Florida on an assignment, i set up my gear behind a windbreaker and
just kept low using the concrete walls to protect me, what was hard
about recording the hurricane was monitoring the sounds, it was
deafening all around me rendering the headphones literally useless.
all i could do was watch the needles and hope for the best. I have
recorded in some bloody awful storms in my life and one that i
recorded on a boat at sea in the North Sea practically crapped me
pants! i have it on analog tape somewhere so when i finish getting
everything i own from the past digitalized, i'll post it. I was the
only bloke on deck who was stupid enough.

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org