Re: Podcast

Subject: Re: Podcast
From: "grant finlay" grantfinlay
Date: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:21 am ((PST))
<Is there any reason for preferring CBR to VBR? VBR is supposed to
<"usually produce higher quality mp3s" than ABR/CBR according to
<comments on hydrogenaudio.

No reason apart from knowing how big your files are going to be from
the outset , thats all.
After using CBR as my default I tried some VBR files recently and was
very pleased with the results. Only problem was that my mac & itunes
got the file size correct but the length of the recording wrong, it
seems to think it's longer then what it it is. (no problem in
quicktime though) Apparently it's a common issue....

Regards,
Grant.
http://grantfinlay.podomatic.com/
http://www.ultrasound.orcon.net.nz