case for Sony PCM-D50

Subject: case for Sony PCM-D50
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:23 am ((PST))
On the Tapers Section forum, a participant named BruPri posted a note
announcing that the new Sony PCM-D50 fits in a Pelican 1040 Micro
case.  This creates a dustproof, weatherproof, shock resistant home
for the D50.

It should be possible to record while the D50 sits in the case. Cables
for mics and the Sony remote control (with buttons for record, pause,
and start a new track) could pass through the case if you install a
rubber grommet. The 1040 has a pressure equalization valve that might
provide a path for cables, too.

The 1040 case has a clear plastic top, allowing you to see the
recorder's LCD panel and meter LEDs during recording.  You'll still
need to open the case to turn the recorder on, and to set the record
levels.

The Pelican 1040 inside dimensions are
Message: 6.