Re: 5.1 mobile recording

Subject: Re: 5.1 mobile recording
From: "Nosfoe" maxfrick78
Date: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:49 pm ((PST))
I own a Zoom H2 and the mics sound quite amazing for the price
(meaning: realtively uncoloured), but they are of course not very
silent. I would say the selfnoise is around 23 to 30 dB(A). Something
you should know about the mic-setup is that the front mics, which are
angled at 90 degrees, sound more like 60 degrees. The rear mics,
angled at 120 degrees, actually sound like 90 degrees. It's a pretty
amazing recorder for the money (180=80). A positive thing to mention is =

the ease of use. The Zoom H4 is a bit quirky, but this one is simple
and straightforeward.

The holophone uses 6 DPA 4060's afaik, so watch out, the self-noise
of those mics is around 23dB(A)! Not particularly low for recording
nature.
greets,
max