Re: re-cables and connectors

Subject: Re: re-cables and connectors
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Fri Dec 7, 2007 1:47 pm ((PST))
Hi Clint,

When I made up my cables I used canare L-4E6S terminated in 5pin
Neutrix connectors. For the y-breakout cables I used canare L-2E5.
The two cables will just squeeze into the exit hole of the boot on
the 5-pin XLR. You'll have to play around with getting the internal
cable clamp right as it's not really designed for two cables.  The XX
series Neutriks are fine but possibly an issue if you intend to use
them in very wet conditions. They have the advantage of being readily
obtainable and can be found at most pro sound retailers. Also bear in
mind that silver is more conductive than gold, and that tarnishing of
the silver does not degrade electrical performance. On the other hand
gold contacts apparently have better resistance to wear.

cheers
Paul