Re: Batterygeek BG10-14-88

Subject: Re: Batterygeek BG10-14-88
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Tue Dec 4, 2007 6:19 am ((PST))
Just a quick update on my run time tests with the BG 10-14-88. I
restarted the test with a full charged battery pack after I realised
powering the hdp2 via firewire to download a couple of test files may
have recharged the pack slightly.

For the second attempt I simply let the recorder run (with same setup
as described below) only stopping on 2-3 occasions to delete record
files to free up space on the CF card. The recorder eventually shut
down 25 hours 43 minutes after I started recording. Battery levels
initially read 12.34V, dropping to 11.41V after 10:30 elapsed, then
Message: 10.
Subject: 98V at 19:51 elapsed, 10.12V at 25:01 elapsed, then hit the 8V low
voltage trigger point at 25:43 elapsed.

Obviously runtime is going to be determined by the power consumption
of the recorder and mics (and preamp if used), but I'm pretty pleased
with the how long the pack was able to power my setup.

cheers
Paul