how people perceive bird sounds

Subject: how people perceive bird sounds
From: "gwapuffin" gwapuffin
Date: Tue Dec 4, 2007 2:02 pm ((PST))
I received an email outlining this research project and thought it may
be of interest to some on this listserve.  Below is a summery of the
project and a link to Dr. Whitehouse's web page..

"I am now conducting research into anthropological approaches to bird
sounds, in conjunction with Tim Ingold.  This AHRC-funded project
examines how people perceive bird sounds, how they identify sounds as
being made by particular kinds of birds and how these sounds then
become incorporated into people's lives.  Research will mostly be
conducted in northeast Scotland but I am interested in human responses
to bird sounds in any situation."
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/anthropology/staff/details.php?id=a.whitehouse

Gerald White  Muscatine, IA