Re: Batterygeek BG10-14-88

Subject: Re: Batterygeek BG10-14-88
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Sun Dec 2, 2007 3:28 pm ((PST))
Hi Clint,

so far I haven't had any problems at all and i can't see that you'd
have problems. a number of people over at tapers section are running
BG packs without issue.

I left the HDP2 record over night with a pair of AT3032's hooked up
and phantom power on, gain at 9.5 and recording stereo 16bit/44.1kHz.
I also had a pair of HD280 headphones plugged in and set at half
volume - which is where I normally run them. Display backlight was
off. I'd had the recorder switched on but not recording for an hour
prior to running the record test. This morning when I checked the
record time was 11 hours 35 min, and the battery was putting out
round about 11.20-11.34 volts. The power level meter on the battery
was showing 3/4 full(which I suspect is wildly optimistic). I've
since spent about 20 minutes recording pink noise.  I've deleted the
existing recordings and will see how much longer i get before shut down.

It might also be worth looking at something like this:
http://www.remoteaudio.com/bds.htm
the locking connectors would definitely make the power cabling with 2
devices quite secure.

The other alternative would be to wire up a Y cable with one
connector on the battery end and connectors for the 302 and MR1000 on
the other.
Rob has details of the correct connector and so wiring instructions
on his website:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/BatteryPack_NiMH_722/
Battery10KaHr_722_744.htm

cheers
Paul

On 02/12/2007, at 8:33 PM, artsonics wrote:

> Paul,
>    I would like to know how your BG10-14-88 is going as I am thinking
> of buying one of these for use with MR1000 and 302. Do you forsee any
> problems I may have? No doubt I will need a Hirose 4pin connector
> cable from somewhere. Any advice on these batteries?
>                            clint

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: