Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032

Subject: Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032
From: "Steve Cox" naturalsoundscapes
Date: Sat Dec 1, 2007 4:21 pm ((PST))
I am interested in hearing what other experiences are out there in regards =
to getting close
to a matched pair of the 3032's. Interesting thing about these mics, there =
doesn't appear
to be an serial number on them. I was hoping that AT would offer matched pa=
irs but I
don't know how they would keep track of them.

I followed Scott's suggestions and recorded a small bit of pink noise with =
the mics almost
touching, inverted the right channel and saved the mono file. It's in the "=
Files" area and
called T32-diff.wav. If it was a dry day I would have tried Rob's method as=
 well. I also do
not have 3 or 4 good headphones. I'm lucky to have one.

I recorded with my 722 @ 24/96. There seems to be a fair amount of differen=
ce between
them but other than noticing the glaring small band at 16K I really don't k=
now how to
evaluate these two as a pair. I am now going to test my matched pair of NT1=
-A's using the
same method with the same gain.

I know there are people on this list that know far more about this stuff th=
an I do. Thanks,
in advance, for any and all help/advice.

Steve Cox

--- In  Scott Fraser <> wr=
ote: