Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032

Subject: Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032
From: "Steve Cox" naturalsoundscapes
Date: Sat Dec 1, 2007 9:46 pm ((PST))
I apologize to the list for that blank message. I thought I'd try Yahoo's n=
ew "Rich-Text
Editor (beta)" when replying via html and I guess it's in beta for a reason=
. Not sure where
all my bits went. ;-)

My original message below:

Hi Clint. I saw that too when I was putting them away tonight. Mine have fo=
ur digits only
(06xx and 07xx). I'm wondering if these early mics are from a shorter produ=
ction run. Both
of mine have a CE mark near the bottom. There isn't a serial number on the =
box which I
thought was odd. They are relatively inexpensive mics so they may not bothe=
r.

When I tested my matched NT1-A's with pink noise I got a quieter mono chann=
el but the
waveforms surely didn't cancel out. But again I'm not exactly sure what is =
within a range of
"normal" or barely audible. Trained ears and quality reference hp's would b=
e nice but I
think I may come up a bit short in both of those areas, at least compared t=
o some folks on
this list. I'd like to borrow Rob's ears sometimes. Rob, can I convince you=
 to migrate a bit
further south to Indiana University? ;-)

Steve Cox
SLIS-Indiana University