Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032

Subject: Re: modified ambient recording setup AT 3032
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Sat Dec 1, 2007 11:51 pm ((PST))
At 5:46 AM +0000 12/2/07, Steve Cox wrote:

>  But again I'm not exactly sure what is within a range of "normal"
>or barely audible. Trained ears and quality reference hp's would be
>nice but I think I may come up a bit short in both of those areas,
>at least compared to some folks onthis list. I'd like to borrow
>Rob's ears sometimes. Rob, can I convince you to migrate a bit
>further south to Indiana University? ;-)
>
>Steve Cox
>SLIS-Indiana University

I'm sure that you and most of the readers on this list could easily
select a preferred pair by ear with 4-5 mics to choose from. When we
compare only two units, we're attempting to judge whether they are
"close enough" for our (personal) standards.  That's harder to do.

My ears and listening are by no means more objective or "accurate"
than anyone else's.  I enjoy putting my senses and tools to test and,
even better, learning about what others hear. Microphones are as much
intriguing as factual, for me.  Rob D.