Re: Best commercial recordings

Subject: Re: Best commercial recordings
From: "xavier Briche" xavier_briche
Date: Sun Dec 2, 2007 3:27 am ((PST))
Hi,

British library does a tropical forest CD.
Very good.
You can buy online on British library website I think although I bought min=
e form their shop there.

If you want something more specific try the National Sound Archive catalogu=
e. U can buy copies of the recording but u need to go to the NSA in person,=
 I think.

NSA and British library are located beetween Euston and St Pancras stations=
 in London.

Hope this help

To: : : Sun, 2 D=
ec 2007 08:01:08 +1100Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Best commercial reco=
rdings

I am interested in examining the current standard of commercial recordings =
of nature sounds. I had a look on Amazon, but the reviews are somewhat subj=
ective. Of course, only the mass produced CD's appear there anyway. I don't=
 know if this is a limiting factor. It also seems more than a few are heavi=
ly mixed, sometimes with disappointing results. IOW the sense of a contiguo=
us environment is diminished. Others had tacky synthesized surf, rain, etc.=
Can anyone recommend what they feel to be the best "full length" selections=
, not compilations of short tracks? I am looking for ambience, not isolated=
 birdcalls, etc. Ideally tropical birds and rainforest/wetland settings. St=
ereo, of course, and no background music.Anything else that is exemplary, o=
r state-of-the-art, would also be appreciated. For example, I have heard so=
me recordists use special processing techniques in the studio to achieve gr=
eater separation, etc.Thank you for any suggestions.Peter Nielsen

Appelez vos amis de PC =E0 PC -- C'EST GRATUIT
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview