Re: Phono cartridge recording

Subject: Re: Phono cartridge recording
From: "" flawn1951
Date: Fri Nov 2, 2007 9:06 pm ((PDT))
> The scientist you may be trying to track is Rex Cocroft. I recorded the NPR
> Radio Expeditions piece that followed him to the Tiputini Research Station
> in equatorial Ecuador a couple of years ago, where we recorded leafhoppers.
> Radio Expeditions also did a piece with Rex several years earlier in Virginia.

Rex was working with several different recording rigs, some of them featuring
a custom built preamp, some just using a Marantz PMD660 or an ART USB phono
preamp into a laptop. The phono cartridge was attached to a spring clip which
in turn was clipped to a twig or stem in such a way that the stylus would rest
against the twig.

 See what's new at http://www.aol.com

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: