Re: Didactic recording (experiment)

Subject: Re: Didactic recording (experiment)
From: "Allen Cobb" ashtangakasha
Date: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:03 pm ((PDT))
Steve, just to be clear on the convolution engines...

They are considered by many to be the best way to get ultra-realistic rever=
or acoustic ambience. But if your target audience will be listening on
speakers, the MIT convolution samples used for binaural processing won't be
appropriate (binaural has to be listened to on headphones, or on very weird
external speaker setups). Convolution processing for conventional stereo,
however, will work great.

My apologies if this is stuff you're already familiar with.

Good luck with your project. It sounds like it's evolving nicely into
broader horizons, which is as it should be!

ac

Allen Cobb
801 Highland Street
Fairfield, IA 52556-3722