Re: field recordings with mobile phone application, audioTagger

Subject: Re: field recordings with mobile phone application, audioTagger
From: "Marc Myers" primatemarc
Date: Sat Sep 8, 2007 4:19 am ((PDT))
Thanks for the soundscapes site. Neat.
I was thinking about examining a known waveform and searching a database of
unknown waveforms downloaded by persons making recordings. Alternately a person
downloading an unknown sound could attempt a match with a library of known
waveforms.  I have friends who study bushbabies, little African nocturnal
primates that are distinguished by their distinctive calls. It would be very
helpful for their research. I'm certain frogs and insects could be done the
same way. The software would not be a small undertaking. There might already be
forensic programs that have some of these capabilities.