Oh and I'm not a soldering type of guy ; )

Subject: Oh and I'm not a soldering type of guy ; )
From: "dobroide" dobroide
Date: Sat Sep 8, 2007 2:15 am ((PDT))
Hi Paul,

reading your post I couldn't help but feeling a 'deja vu', sort of...
So many unfamiliar abbreviations and brands, it really makes terribly
hard taking a decision. So I'll try to lighten your stress: get a good
signal (sound) and don't care much about the mic you are using. I wish
I had known this time ago.

Of course it's my personal opinion, but you know what is often said
about photography: it is not the camera which takes the pictures, your
eye and mind do the job. Companies will try to persuade you that you
badly *need* the most expensive technology (they lie), and in some way
this also applies to sound recording. I may sound cynical (specially
since during the last years I have spent several thousands Euro in
equipment myself ), but often a light, unexpensive recording rig gives
as much joy and satisfaction as a professional solution... if you
happen to be at the right place. (hey wait, maybe the reason that I
can be happy with any mic is simply that I'm awful as a field
recordist, ha ha!!)

Serious, just get out and start recording with whatever you have at
hand. Your time will be best used seeking for a sweet spot in the
field rather than browsing pages and pages of technical specs. My two
cents. Sorry for the bad English.

Cheers

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: