Re: new members equipement advice

Subject: Re: new members equipement advice
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:21 am ((PDT))
Apologies if this hits the list twice...

I'm using a combination of K-Tek bits that give a similar level of
protection to the Rycote softie - K-SM shockmount, K-HGW wired
handgrip and Z-FSO slip-on fuzzy. It's nicely made gear, and the
wired hand grip is a pleasure to use, as it keeps the mic cable out
of harm way. Loaded with a ME66 it's a very light setup to carry
around.  I've gone the "modular" route as the grip and shockmount can
be used with the K-Tek (and other manufacturers) zeppelin components,
which should keep the options open. Sennheiser and Rycote offer
modular systems also.

cheers
Paul