Re: New member looking for advice

Subject: Re: New member looking for advice
From: "beppopatina" beppopatina
Date: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:16 am ((PDT))
Hi Clint,
check out taperssection.com, particularly the for sale ads. Although this is a
site geared
mostly towards concert taping, there is a wealth of info and resources for
portable stereo
recording.

I personally use an Edirol R09 with either a Beyerdynamic MV100 preamp for full
size
phantom powered condensers, or a Church Audio ST9100 for mini electrets. The
nice
thing about the Edirol is that you have the choice of built in omni's or mini
electrets
through the onboard preamp/or a variety of seperate preamps. This list would be
from
lowest to highest sound quality/noise. I have found uses for all of the listed
combinations.

The R09 uses SD cards and downloads to comuter via USB. Very easy and
effective.

Cost breakdown in Canadian dollars would be:
R09  $350
MV100 (used no longer made)  $250
ST9100  $200

All of the above are regularly bought and sold on taperssection.com
cheers,
Ambrose