Re: Cardiod v's omni in a reflector

Subject: Re: Cardiod v's omni in a reflector
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:09 pm ((PDT))
I'll also add my thanks to Walt.

I'll make the observation that on other lists and forums I
participate in,  in-print, copyright material is never publicly
posted as it's distribution in this manner is direct infringement of
IP/copyright laws. Can I suggest making these kind of documents
available is best handled by posting something like "email me off
list for a copy"?

A couple of other documents that I came across while searching for
the Walhstr=F6m paper are:

Reflector Microphones for Field Recording of Natural Sounds by George
W. Swenson, Jr.
http://www.cecer.army.mil/TechReports/pat_mike/pat_mike.post.pdf

Swenson cites Walhstr=F6m's paper, noting:

"Wahlstrom (1985) provides a practical discussion of this phenomenon
that is useful for many purposes. However, to examine the details of the
diffraction pattern of a small reflector, one must use a more precise
computational
technique."

The " more precise computational technique" he uses is described in:

Diffraction of Sound by Objects in the One-Wavelength Size Range. by
Soon Y. Lee
http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA325438

It's a particularly dense, math heavy work that I won't pretend to
fully grasp, but may be of value to those so inclined.

cheers
Paul