Re: Recording Level Sony MZ-RH1

Subject: Re: Recording Level Sony MZ-RH1
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:40 pm ((PDT))
At 11:31 AM +0000 7/20/07, Philip Tyler wrote:

>The RH1 is a fine recorder but its one weak spot is headroom, but
>get the mic sensitivity right and that will not be a problem.

Following Graham Evan's discovery and subsequent discussions about
the Hi-MD's unique preamp design, I have found that the "low sens"
setting is quite effective for handling very loud sounds even with
Shure WL183 electret mics of the same ilk as the ME-67. Here's an
original .aif recording of concussion fireworks & rain recorded with
WL-183's -> NH900 in "Low Sens" at record level "15."

http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/RobD/20070703MT_BigBangNDrizzle.aif

  Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson