Re: Recording Level Sony MZ-RH1

Subject: Re: Recording Level Sony MZ-RH1
From: "Mark R." seoulgypsy
Date: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:46 am ((PDT))
Hi Dean,

Welcome to the ever so subtle world of learning your equipment. The
more you out there and play the answers will come to you quite
naturally, but in the meantime I would suggest a home test with loud
and soft noises until you can get out there. There is no substitution
though and the more you get out and do it, the more adept at
anticipating your environment you will become. Home testing will give
your minds eye a better picture of the thresholds of your gear.

As Phillip mentioned the gain runs from 1-30
I would use the low mic sens and manually set the gain all the while
listening to headphones for idea of what is coming in. The move into
the high sens and do the same ...making mental notes or if you are
fastidious enough you could jot notes in a notebook. I prefer just to
intuit these sounds as they can be quite subtle in variation.

Mark