Re: blackbirds and individual variations in singing

Subject: Re: blackbirds and individual variations in singing
From: "dobroide" dobroide
Date: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:59 am ((PDT))
Thanks for all the very informative answers, I'll take a look (thanks
also for the kind words, Suzanne)

Sorry Steve, the links I posted were wrong (silly me!), these are ok:

If anyone is interested, there are several other longer samples of
(urban) Turdus merula at my server, e.g.:
http://150.214.146.56:8181/_grabaciones/_campo/2007/20070616.trinos.04.mp3

Regards

D.
--- In  Steve Pelikan <>
wrote:

> For some reason I can't download the sound files.
>
> However I've been interested in quantifying the similarity/differences
> between songs of several birds.
>
> One approach that has worked quite well for identifying different songs
> in a single individual's repertoire (see
> http://math.uc.edu/~pelikan/Dora/revi4/revi4.html for an example)
groups