Re: blackbirds and individual variations in singing

Subject: Re: blackbirds and individual variations in singing
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:38 pm ((PDT))
I don't know a software approach, but I strongly recommend reading a
book called "The Singing Life of Birds" by Donald Kroodsma.
Fascinating stories (based on US species, but the principles apply
globally) he describes a manual approach based on spectrograms. CD
included so you can hear what he is writing about.

Chris

--- In  "dobroide" <>
wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> lately I'm listening to male blackbirds from different places, and
> can't but notice there are important differences among them.
Uploaded
> a couple files to illustrate this, although I guess this is most
> likely a long-known fact:
> http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8KV9RgPYQ4S66tdYwv3UuFA-
Hwoa4eZBd3ABs8HKsvuLwWZZyK9koy1oH5uCAEBzn30haxJFOxaUAktNKBtUx_e-
DNvP4A/Member%20Files/20070603.blackbird.pinewood.mp3

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8KV9RrPFhdK66tdYUyDvRVTAi3FDDo99YA8FedCR-
NDXNK__0HBIzBFyhxb3pPcVWMWqln25gZujQ7e4dEL_eEj2VqT96Q/Member%
20Files/20070616.blackbird.city.mp3