Re: Sorry....but purchase dilemma

Subject: Re: Sorry....but purchase dilemma
From: "RAF" amflmnt
Date: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:02 am ((PDT))
Neil,

As an early adopter of the HD-P2, an alternative to the Oade Bros mod
that yields far more control is to add a SoundDevices MixPre. Having
put my money into the Tascam before the mod came out, the expenditure
gains much more control while achieving the same 6db advantage, plus 2
additional filters, on-the-fly alternative mic circuits, measurable
tone, and a slate mic for comments or requiring local monitoring
checks.  The battery life of the MixPre is extensive and plugging your
headphones into the MixPre allows you to test/monitor your mics until
your ready to turn on the HD-P2 and record. True, my total expenditure
put me just shy of a SD702, but I sunk my budget into the Tascam and I
have to work with what I have. No advertising, just the benefits I
actually use.

Just make a decision and bite the bullet.

Don't treat this as an investment because used equipment gains in value
only when it's nearly extinct, obsolete, and collectable. No time to
wait for that to happen-LOL.

-RAF