Re: Why is this done?

Subject: Re: Why is this done?
From: "Suzanne Williams" scw1217
Date: Wed Jun 6, 2007 4:28 am ((PDT))
Sad to hear, Walt.  Good to hear you are doing your part though.
Reminds me of a story I heard about the Everglades just the other
day.  Actually, it was on Lake Okechobee.  Because of our drought,
the lake is 2 miles further inland than it usually is at this time of
year.  The news story came about because the "new shoreline" of the
lake was on fire!

----------------------
Suzanne
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
Florida, USA

    "There is always music amongst the trees and in the garden, but
our hearts must be very quiet to hear it." - Minnie Aumonier

--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:

> That was a very active frog habitat. But unfortunately a local real
> estate agent inherited the area from his parents. He "cleaned it
up" to
> make it look "pretty". (his words, not mine) During high water on
the
> creek beside it there still will be several feet of water over the
area,
> and the small spring uphill from it still feeds through the area.
So
> it's not housebuilding territory. But the sill along the creek that
made
> it a beautiful aquatic habitat was removed so water is no longer
> retained onsite.
>
> I live just about 1/4 mile upstream from there, I've been
excavating a