Greater Prairie Chicken LEK

Subject: Greater Prairie Chicken LEK
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Tue May 29, 2007 7:06 pm ((PDT))
A little late but better late than never!
This is the prairie chicken lek sounds I promised last month. Kevin Colver
and I visited this lek in Nebraska. This is the early hours of the morning
and the prairie chickens are on the town looking for a decent chick! A
little wind noise, recorded with sound devices 744, 4 channels mixed down t=
stereo. I had 2xmkh-20 mics and an m/s pattern consisting of mkh-30/40 mics=
.
Message: 44.
Subject: 1k 24bit. Saved here as an mp3 file. THIS IS A 7.21MB DOWNLOAD, BEWARE
DIAL-UP PEOPLE.
If you ever get the chance to visit a lek and sit and listen (as well as
watch) it is one of the most fascinating experiences I have had, including
watching the bowerbird entice the female to his jewels...
http://tinyurl.com/2ej2vu

OR AT THE BOTTOM OF
http://www.naturesound.org/world_bird_and_animal_soundscapes.htm

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: